What is IMEI Number – The International Mobile station Equipment Identity number (IMEI) is a number used to identify a device that uses terrestrial cellular networks.This is the network you use when you place a call on your cell phone or access an internet connection provided by your cellular carrier through your data plan.
IMEI numbers have one principal purpose: to identify mobile devices. Their secondary purpose, or intention, is to prevent theft. If a mobile device can be universally identified, a thief cannot change the SIM card on a phone and expect to keep the phone. IMEI numbers are hard-coded into device hardware, making it nearly impossible to change them without somehow damaging the device.
When you buy a new phone you may notice the IMEI on the box or even the receipt. If ever you have to take your phone in for repair then there’s a good chance the IMEI will be noted for warranty and identity purposes.
So, even if you swap out your SIM card with a prepaid one, you can still be traced. We’ll discuss this at length in another post.You can also check your IMEI number is valid or not.For this follow the below points-
- You can check your IMEI number validation by click on the IMEITRACKER.
- Now open the above link and enter your IMEI number.
- Click on submit button and track your mobile location.
- If it is showing your current location that means your IMEI is valid.
Note-You can also check your IMEI validation with the help of your mobile number.
IMEI number importance-
- It gives different identification to your device.
- With the help of it, you can check your device warranty if you lost your phone bill.
- If your phone is stolen then you can block your phone service with the help of your network provider but before doing this they will ask you about IMEI number.
- You can also track your device with the help of IMEI number.
Things to remember-While it may be illegal to change the IMEI of a device, it does happen. Thieves, in particular, will attempt to take non-blacklisted numbers and apply them to their stolen devices in order to make them usable again.
To stop them doing this never share your IMEI number online.In the interests of ongoing investigations by authorities, an IMEI can be used when wiretapping a device as well.
Find your IMEI number-
- iOS (iPhone): Found in the Settings > General > About menu.
- Android: Found in the “Settings” menu under “About Phone”.
- Blackberry or newer Sony Ericsson: Found in the “Options” menu under “Status”.
Find your IMEI by dial menu-
So the above image clearly shows how can you get your IMEI number by Dialing *#06#.It is very simple and less time-consuming way to get your IMEI number.
Also, check- Best Service To Find Your Lost Mobile Phone |What is IMEI Number – Things To Know about Mobile IMEI Number
So I think you clearly understand about IMEI number and its importance.If still you have any doubt then post a comment.